Sunday, July 6, 2008

Eating Habits

After reading about the Humane Society's recent investigations of Dairy cow treatment, I have decided to stop eating dairy and eggs. Until there is legislation that holds these companies accountable for their treatment of the cows, I will be holding the dairy. I always thought that a vegan diet was a boring diet. That is until Oprah got on the vegan train. She has some of the best chefs making sure that she still enjoys her diet, regardless of what that diet might be. Tonight I made the Artichoke and Oyster Mushroom Rockefeller. I did not have rock salt (I used margarita salt) or the spirts, but it was still absolutely delicious. I HIGHLY recommend this recipe. It even got Steve's stamp of approval.

We had a fun 5th of July. We went to our friend's Jesse & Carroll's house for a little celebration. At the end of the night, they decided they wanted to meet Clarence. We went and got him, he stayed the night, is back home now and they are thinking about whether they are ready for a dog. Clarence would be perfect for them, and I hope! hope! hope! that they decide to adopt him so that I can know him for the rest of his life. Send good adoption vibes, please.

This weekend I will be in Illinois at the Village of Orland Park Art Fair. Steve is outside making my weights for the tent so I don't blow away in Illinois. Thank goodness for Steve. I do love that boy.

2 comments:

Christina J. said...

Hopefully the weather will be perfect! I have directions and am ready to roll!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Best wishes for your transition to a vegan diet! I haven't found it boring a bit. In fact, I eat a greater variety of food than as a vegetarian. I'm going to check out the Oprah recipe you suggested!