Saturday, March 29, 2008

Handsome Fella

I found this little handsome fella at Roots, one of my favorite antique stores here in St. Louis. They were fostering him until he found his perma home. I think he is the best. He likes my jewelry too. The piece that he is playing with in the photo was a test run. It is the first time I have ever made a hinge (tricky) and clasp. Keum Boo is the process I used for the gold treatment. I have not perfected this yet either, but love the look. It doesn't show up all that well in this photo. I will post a photo of the next piece I use the process on close up.

I have been day dreaming about having a new shiny studio. Steve and I have been talking about knocking down the current crappy garage and building a 2 story garage with the second floor being my studio. It will have sliding patio doors on floor 2 that lead to a flower infested deck that overlooks the yard. That way, I can yell at the dogs with out having to go downstairs. "Stop barking!" Essentially, I just join the barking festivities when they bark because it sounds to them like I am barking. Really, I don't yell that much. Really.

No comments: