Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Absence

Absent minded, absent from my blog, absent from doing the things that I should be doing, but creating other projects instead. I am finishing up the final pieces for my show in Chicago, which kept me up thinking last night. There are so many details to cover when you go out of town for a show. I have not gone as far as Chicago yet, so this one will call for a list. It is inevitable that I will forget something even with a list, I always do. It is also a different set up in Chicago because it's indoors and they set up those holey walls instead of tents for us. I got to pick my color and they paint it for me. Fancy! But, I am not used to hanging my posters on walls. I'm used to tying them to the bars. And where do I set up my lights? I don't even know if I have electricity. I am so not on the ball. Instead, I am rearranging, organizing, setting up, throwing away all of the crap in our basement. All the while, I should be making more necklaces! I am missing one price range for the show, which I am going to work on next week. I have five more necklaces to make my goal of 50 big pieces. I also have tons of the charms

(maybe not enough), and all kinds of earrings. The custom charms above can be purchased at my Etsy Shop. I will post pics of the earrings as soon as I gain repossession of the camera. Steve takes it to work, because it is his. I guess I am going to have to break down and buy another camera.

I found a great family for Andy. I cried on the way home from dropping him off. I have never done that before. I fell in love with that dog and if he is given back to Gateway, I will keep him forever. But, it made me feel better when I saw that the cutie patutie family already had a framed picture of Andy on their table with the rest of the framed pictures of the family. Ahh, and relief. He will be loved forever.

I thought I was going to take a break from fostering after Andy. After the whole worm incident, which I will still spare you from, I decided it was time for a break. I have fostered over 10 dogs over the last year. It has been crazy and wonderful, but I thought I needed to regain my sanity and focus more on jewelry. Then, I was sent this:

He was just brought into a kill shelter after being hit by a car. We are driving out tomorrow to get him, taking him directly for treatment and then I will foster him. They don't give treatment in the pounds/shelters. They just hold them for 5 days to see if the owners come to get them, and then they put them to sleep. So, this poor little guy has been in the shelter with injuries for a couple of days. I don't think it has been five, but we are going to try to pull some strings to get him some treatment at least. How could I refuse that face?

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and a relaxing long weekend if you were lucky enough to get one. I will post more soon.

No comments: