Monday, October 1, 2007

Columbia Festival of the Arts


Not so much my crowd, I suppose. The first day, Saturday was horrible. People weren't even taking my cards. And they were turning their noses up at $35 for a necklace. I mean, I'm not Walmart. The crowd just wasn't there to buy art. Half the people didn't even look into the booth. And there were so many pregnant women. More than I've ever seen in my life. I started counting at 2:47 and stopped at 4:15 and counted 14 pregnant women. And that was less dense than most of the day. Jam packed with pregos. Don't get me wrong, I love procreation, but those ladies with the babies in their bellies aren't going to drop money on a unique body adornment, when they have a unique body adornment growing inside of themselves. Luckily Sunday was a little better and I made a bit of a profit. People were much more receptive and bought a few things. No more shows until December. It's going to be a fun couple of months in the basement. I do have to say about this show though, that the volunteers and staff were some of the most helpful I have ever encountered. They helped unload and setup. It was wonderful. It's too bad they don't draw a better crowd.

No comments: