Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dogs, and Blogs, and Jobs...and the new year.


This is the mother of the puppies. The owner said that she is part chow, but she looks like part lab to me. And do not worry, her baby maker is being fixed as soon as she is ready, so the little mama will have no more pups.

Blackie was adopted! I'm sure the wonderful family who adopted her changed her name (which I would love to know), but I am so happy that she is going to have such a great home. Fifteen acres of land and an 11 year old to love her for the rest of her life. I think she is the perfect dog for an 11 year old. I don't know if I can top that home for the other two dogs. I am becoming rather attached to the other two. It is much easier to keep my two eyes on two dogs though. Moose is a hunka burnin' puppy love, and Brownie is the sweetest little girl in the world. Their homes are going to have to be awful special.

Other news...I've applied to two shows...one in IL called the Old Town Art Fair and the other Laumeier. I will find out of my acceptance in Feb for the one in IL and in March for Laumeier. There are a lot of other shows I will be applying to, so I will keep posted.

I began cleaning my "studio" basement. I should have taken pictures before I began. If there were laws against making jewelry in such a mess, I would be arrested. It is not too late to take pictures, because although I did a ton tonight, it still looks, to the unknowing eye, like I did nothing. So I will post before and afters...Amie getting organized. We shall see. Also, I took photos of my booth and how it will look for my first show. I am sure it will evolve over the years, but this is it for now. Instead of burlap, I decided to use the fabric I bought for a table cloth as my backdrop curtains. I bought some old furniture to display my jewelry. I think it matches the pieces I have made so far quite nicely.


I am still working at County Glass (my business), so the jewelry making is not as productive as I would like it to be. However, the sale of the business is getting closer! I can smell it. And then I will be free!It was a great experience owning and operating a glass business for three years, but I would have become a maniac crazier woman if I had continued much longer. The decisions I have made for this new year feel good. I hope everyone out there is looking forward to this year as much as I am. I would love to hear about the new and exciting decisions that you have made as well.

No comments: