Wednesday, December 27, 2006

anti animal guy and jewelry

There is so much to be done over the next couple of weeks. My "studio", basement is a MESS! But that is the least of my concerns. I must finish the few pieces I would like to use for applying to shows. Here are a few of the works, some finished some still in progress.




All of the pieces are either made out of copper or sterling silver.
I am so nervous about the whole thing. It is exciting as well. Such a change of life. I have decided not to go back to social work school next semester in order to make jewelry and art full time. Lots of changes and big life decisions! We will see how it goes.

I also need to set up my booth again, since it blew over in my back yard after waiting for my attention for a couple of days after setup. Christmas happened and I had no time to get back to it. So, I just bought this tent, and it has two bent poles. I frustrate myself. I did not like how the burlap turned out, so I will be racking my little brain to try and figure something else out. I will be applying to shows soon, and should be getting responses pretty quickly, so we will see if this was a good or bad idea soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

I am sitting here watching David Letterman while I write this blog. The animal guy is on. It drives me batty that they do that. I think animal education is important, but I don't think it is good for the animals to be dragged in front of huge, loud crowds. I am not a big fan of the animal guy.

No comments: