Monday, November 26, 2007

I create all day long.


About four years ago I wrote a children's book about a boy and his guitar. I am finally getting on designing it, and I am either going to publish myself, or have it published. I have never done anything like this before, so I am sure it will be a learning experience. As if I don't have enough to do right now. I figure I can make jewelry during the day, along with trips to the vet, going to rescue more dogs, etc. And then at night, I will work on my book. Except tonight I worked on jewelry, but now I am going to work on my book while I watch Heroes. Here is the character I came up with for the book. That is all you get until the book is published, and trust me, it could be years! I am going to paint and collage the whole thing. I am designing it on the computer and then I will paint and collage. I have been trying to do this for so long, but I kept losing the script. duh, duh. My dad always said, "you would lose your head if it wasn't attached" Ain't that the truth.

Tomorrow I will be going to get Bob's brother. I am totally out of my mind, and so is Steve for letting me, but he is going to be put to sleep on Thursday, and I just can't handle it. I am considering banning myself from going to the pound. Have you ever seen that movie Year of the Dog, with Molly Shannon. That's me. Except, I would like to consider myself a little less crazy. Also, I have never rescued more than one dog at a time from the pound, nor have I put anyone's furs in a tub full of water. I do really want to take them all from the pound though. If I had a farm, I would take them all, and accidently start my own rescue. Like, "whoops, honey, looks like we have to have a rescue now. I have all of these dogs. What are we going to do with them?" Hee hee. Steve would never fall for it. He would act like he fell for it, but he knows what this little brain is boiling on almost all of the time. He is very perceptive. Not that it takes perception when I'm like, "Please! Please! can we move to a farm and get horses and start our own rescue? Please!" I revert back to a child when I do that. I used to ask my parents things over and over and over again until they finally yelled, "YES!" And I would walk away sassy and satisfied, with a big old grin on my face. I was such a little snot. Anyway, wish me my sanity with four big dogs in the house.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their families or whoever you chose to spend the weekend with. I will be posting pictures of jewelry soon, I promise. I have been so busy cranking in my basement that I haven't had time to take pictures. Plus it's cold outside and it is not as appealing to take a break from the jewelry to take pics anymore. But, here is one that I haven't posted I don't think. It has no tie ins to the blog, I just think it's pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amie: I'm finally caught up with things. Been reading your blog about the pups you took in. I'm sure it was really hard to walk out of the shelter (jail) with the brother left behind. I would have done the same thing.

There is a happy ending waiting for them, I just know it. If you ever need help with walking one of your pups please let me know. I love to walk our neighborhood and have offerred to walk Cory/Brendon's dog, Jake when they were busy. No one messes with a person with a big dog!

Let me know when you are open for coffee next week and to meet the dogs!