Monday, November 12, 2007

Bling Bling




I love rings. I wish I had more fingers so I could wear more rings. Above are some photos of the rings I have made thus far. I am going to begin a new line of rings soon. I have the prototype, which I will keep for myself. When the real deal is done, I will post what they look like. I am still working out the kinks.

My engagement ring was made by a local artist named Peg Fetter. She taught my first metalsmithing class. When Steve started talking about proposals, marriage, oh so long ago, I was adamant that he not buy me a diamond. He protested at first, but after my explanation, he understood. We purchased my ring from Peg. My ring is made of iron. It rusts my finger sometimes, but I just put a little WD40 on it and it's all better. I love it! I have been doing a line of jewelry (as I find the tins) to provide an alternative to Diamonds or other stones that are mined in less than favorable conditions. So, if you'd like a diamond necklace...

No comments: