Monday, January 15, 2007

Visit from Chi-town!

This weekend my friend Amy came to visit from Chi-town. Unfortunately I felt a little under the weather, but I still had a great time and am feeling better today. We ran all over town, and I don't know if it was because I was sick or because I am old that I felt so worn down. I love my friend Amy. She said that she was going to start a blog of her own, and I think that is a great idea, because she is one of the most hilarious people that I know.

Today in the news...two of Saddam Hussein's main men were hung, one, his stepbrother was decapitated from the hanging. And it was all over the news. And I would not mention it again, but I think it is rather ironic that it is MLK day and people are celebrating the execution of these men. I do not think, no matter how horrible people are, they deserve to have celebration of their deaths. It is inappropriate. I do not understand what is wrong with this world that we live in. Where do people come from that are so heartless. I wish there was a way to rid the world of all of it's hardship. I think if Martin Luther King had a choice, we would have a vigil for the two men who lost their lives today. Our world deserves better.

On the lighter side of life, I finished a pair of earrings today. They are birds. I have an obsession with birds as of late. There is something free and wonderful about them. I had a wood pecker in my tree out front yesterday, and it inspired me. I am going to start bird watching.

Silhouette of a Robin--a piece a day
(patina on copper, fresh water pearls, and 14k gf wire)

Please ignore the crappy photo. I am not quite set up yet for good inside photography. But, watch and I will improve. I am wanting to buy a new camera. Something small with a good amount of megapixels and whatever else I would need to take good photographs of jewelry and anything else my little heart desires. I took a photography class in college, and I did not really learn much, especially about digital. So, I need to relearn. If anyone has any suggestions for a compact digital camera, by all means, please let me know.

It is so cold outside. I have these puppies, and they go to the bathroom like a hundred times a day, and it is so hard to stand out there waiting, and waiting, while they play and frolick, and don't pee or poo. They are lucky they are so cute. I kind of get lost in their silliness even with the 20 degree weather. Here are some more recent photos of the cuties. I cannot even handle how cute they are. Moose is a monster. They are only 8 weeks old, and I can hardly pick up the Moose anymore. Brownie is super smart and jumped the gate from the kitchen today because she can't live without me. But, she is in her kennel right now sound asleep. They are getting spade and neuter and all of the good stuff from the vet tomorrow. Wish them luck!


No comments: