Monday, January 22, 2007

My vow to get organized. Just watch.

Steve's band Strawfoot had a show on Friday night at the Lucus School House in Soulard. That place is very cool. No smoking. You do not find that in St. Louis very often. They played along with "The Bottom's Up Blues Gang" and a burlesque act. I was curious to see what this burlesque act would be like. It was great! The girls were very theatrical, a little silly, but fun with their plungers and yellow plastic cleaning gloves dancing around on stage taking most of their clothes off. This was after their solo act. They climbed up on stage and danced around. So silly. Before that my roomate Beth and I went to our friend's parent's house who just so happens to be the chancellor of Washington University. They had a bowling alley in the basement. That's all I think I have to say.

It snowed this weekend! Unfortunately it did not last very long. There are very few lingering remnants of snow. I need at least one good snow a year. I love the snow. Not too many people agree with me here in St. Louis, but I think it is beautiful. It always puts me in a good mood. Although it was not the best snow we ever had, Steve and I pretended like we were snowed in. We watched movies all day and I made butternut squash soup. And we drank Bailey's and coffee.

My goal is to get extremely organized. I have to be one of the most unorganized people that I know. My car is a mess! and it is brand spankin new. I am going to get so organized that I am able to produce a piece of jewelry every day, I wrote a children's book a long time ago that I have yet to illustrate. On my snow day, I created a couple of characters for the book, and am going to try to work a little on that each day, and also am going to teach myself how to sew. I need a variety of things in order to keep my interest and creativity at it's peak. I made a bracelet today. My first bracelet...I have not decided if I am going to put this one up for sale yet. The more I look at it, the more I like it, but I did not like it when I first finished. I am always like that though. I spend so much time on something, and when I am done, I have trouble not hating it for a little bit. So here it is:

"Branch" Bracelet--a piece a day
(sterling silver, vintage tin)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it could be done...super cute bracelet. When is this stuff for sale?!?!